This is another diabetic recipe...again, never tested and/or tasted in Hazel's kitchen...but it does sound interesting...
Since this might be something that some of you are more interested in, I wanted to post the website where I am getting these 'healthy' recipes...this recipe and more diabetic crockpot recipes can be found at: NetWellness
Orange Roast Pork
1 (3 ½ lb) pork shoulder roast
1 onion, chopped
6 oz. can frozen orange juice concentrate
¼ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons cold water
Trim roast of visible fat. Place onions in bottom of 3-4 quart crock pot. Sprinkle salt and pepper over roast and place in crock pot on top of onions. In a small bowl, mix together thawed orange juice concentrate, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Pour over roast. Cook on low for 6-8 hours until roast is tender.
Okay...next week George is up...He's losing a little of his shine - I think he's a bit nervous and not sleeping well... ;)
He tells me he has special menu planned, so we will see...Hugs all!
5 comments:
This sounds very good. Thanks for the link. I will pass it on to my sister, who is the one taking care of Mom.
Ohhhh I love to use lemons and oranges when I cook - just about everything. I love the zest and how it gives that fruity tinge to the taste.
:D
This sounds awesome. I just won't tell the kids it is healthy.
This sounds really good!
Give George a shine and a pat for me!
Mmm, this sounds good. I'm cooking a pork roast tomorrow, but I don't know how yet. It's a center cut and it's pretty long, so I don't know if I should CP it or put it in the oven.
Post a Comment