Shrimp Creole
INGREDIENTS:
¼ c. butter
1 onion, chopped
¼ c. buttermilk biscuit mix
3 c. water
2 6-oz cans tomato paste
2 tsp salt
Dash pepper
½ tsp sugar
2 bay leaf
1 c. celery, chopped
1 c. green pepper, chopped
4 lbs shrimp, shelled
Hot cooked rice
1 onion, chopped
¼ c. buttermilk biscuit mix
3 c. water
2 6-oz cans tomato paste
2 tsp salt
Dash pepper
½ tsp sugar
2 bay leaf
1 c. celery, chopped
1 c. green pepper, chopped
4 lbs shrimp, shelled
Hot cooked rice
DIRECTIONS:
Sauté the onion in the butter in skillet. Add biscuit mix and stir. Combine all remaining ingredients except shrimp and rice in crock. Add skillet mixture to slow cooker. Cover; cook on Low 7-9 hours. One hour before serving, turn to High and add shrimp. Serve over rice.
Enjoy!
6 comments:
Shrimp is one of my favorite things - and I love tomatoes - I might have to try this recipe. Thank you for sharing.
mmmmmmmmmm! I love shrimp creole!
I may have to try this one soon!!!!
I've never tried seafood in my crock pot either. The only meats I cook first is hamburger. This sounds really good.
Yum, yum. I love seafood!
I'm the same way about frying first - I love the one-step recipes, but this sounds yummy! Too bad my husband is allergic to shrimp :(
Sounds shrimply delicious!
Post a Comment