Something horrible is trying to happen in my backyard!
A neighbor of ours has been trying to sell their land for a little while and now we are looking at this: A Proposed Construction of a 925 Acre Privately-owned Paramilitary Training Center is trying to be built next door to our backyard.
It makes me sick to know that something like this could happen. A lot of people in our area is NOT for this and that was proven last Wednesday night when we had a 'little' meeting to try and give as much information to people who hadn't heard about this. At this meeting over 200 people showed up. As far as we know all were against it. If anyone was for it, the were smart and stayed quiet.
This type of Training Center has tried to get into several other counties in Virginia. While some have gotten pushed out of that county, in counties, they still have a foot in the door.
So, this got me thinking...this huge company, who has more money than they know what to do with can go from county to county until they find one that doesn't have the know-how or the numbers to fight them and then they will ruin that area.
Keep Shenandoah County Rural is a website that I hope all of you will check out...even though this isn't in your neighborhood yet, it could be one day. My hope is that not only can my family, friends and neighbors chase this horrible thing out of our backyard, but out of Virginia all together...and if we can do this, where will they go next? Your backyard?
Hugs...
9 comments:
Good luck with your battle against The Machine. I'm sending you positive thoughts and good energy.
I'd be jumping up and down too, if they tried to do that near me. Good luck with the fight, Brenda.
Oh I'm so sorry to hear about this. It's really scary thinking about stuff like that.
Good luck, Brenda. What exactly IS a paramilitary training center?
Oh nevermind -- realized you included a link. I wouldn't want that in my neighborhood either. The desert is the place place for things like that.
My sister worked for a company that did staged things with the US military like that. I don't know if they're the same thing. It was out in the CA desert though and not in someone's backyard.
Thanks everyone...May 7th is the meeting with the county to decide if they can go forward or not and we are hoping to have the place filled with people who do NOT want it and we are hoping that will be that, but that seems almost too easy, so we are fearful that something will go wrong...you know how red tape can be...argh...I'll keep you guys up-to-date...Thanks again...Hugs...
Oh my - I hope your friends and neighbors have the pull to stop this! Sending positive thoughts your way!
Good luck with this, Brenda. It sounds like your community is on top of things...keep us posted!
Ugh! Hope you can stop them from building that in your back yard!!!
Post a Comment