Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday the 13th...Yikes!!!

Today will be the only Friday the 13th in 2010...but that's not the only thing that makes Friday, August 13, 2010 special...

Today is also...Blame Someone Else Day...so just for kicks, I'm going to blame....Father Time for the heat these days...now what does Father Time have to do with the weather, you say? Well I think Mother Nature has a crush on Father Time but he won't give her the 'time' of day, so she's a little hot under the collar...causing the heatwave that most of us is feeling...isn't that silly...about as silly as having a "Blame Someone Else Day"...grin...

And one more thing makes this day special...It is International Left Hander's Day...Yippee...A Day just for people like me!!! Yes, I'm a lefty and proud of it...

Some famous lefthanders are: Prince William, Marilyn Monroe, Leonardo da Vinci, Jimi Hendrix, Martina Navratilova,Nicole Kidman, and Paul McCartney...

It should come as no surprise that left-handers appear to be the more accomplished drivers; some of the best drivers in history have been left-handed, including:
  • Buzz Aldrin (Lunar Module Pilot for Apollo 11 - the first manned mission to the Moon)
  • Chewbacca the Wookie (co-pilot of the Millennium Falcon - Star Wars)
Yes, we left-handers, lefties, ol's south paws or whatever you want to call us are a special breed and I'm loving the fact that I can say I am left-handed...and prove that...I'm typing this whole post with just my left hand...okay, maybe I'm not going that far, but I did think about doing that...grin...

Hugs...and don't forget to a lefty today...

2 comments:

Kimbra Kasch said...

Yike! Friday the 13th

C.R. Evers said...

Cute . . . re: hot under the collar. :0)

Sounds like a guy to me.