Monday, August 9, 2010

It's Okay...Just Relax...ummmmm

Have you ever had one of those days where all you wanted to do was SCREAM!!! The apartments I manage are getting ready to go through a rehab...upgrades all around...this was suppose to start awhile ago, but things happen and now they are trying to fit in a a lot of work in a short amount of time...and that time is right now...in the middle of budget season...I have sooo many things to do with budgets and now rehab stuff...Calgon take me away!!! grin...

So with all this stress, I thought I would try to find some ways to relax..at work and at home...so how do you get rid of stress? What things do you do...breathing exercises, do you use music, scents, etc?

I love listening to Jim Brickman, but at work it is hard to do without someone knocking on the door or the phone ringing or staff interrupting...I don't get lunch...well, okay, I'm allowed to take lunch, but usually I have someone in my office during my lunch, so I don't get it...14 years of having lunch at the same time and they still show up...argh...

I love scents and do have them around the office, but...let me just say...some people have their own scent that takes away from these relaxing scents...if ya know what I mean...

I recently started having heart palpitations and the doctor says this can be caused by stress and I don't want to start having panic attacks again (I haven't had one in almost a year and half)...I want to relax, but this has been something that has been very hard for me to do...I'm a very "wound tight" kinda person...Hubs picks that I sleep with my fist tight...if that tells ya anything...

So how do you unwind? What helps you take the stress out those stressful days and situations? How do you find ways to use these relaxing techniques? Does counting to 10 really help? grin...

Thanks and hugs...

3 comments:

Jacqui said...

Um, I usually just go ahead and scream. That probably isn't helpful :)

Kimbra Kasch said...

I write - it's soothing for my soul.

Kate said...

I try to play my harp, but if I'm uptight I have to play for a long time before it feels good. You have my sympathy, though. Stress is no fun.
((((x))))