Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A view from my car window...

First, let me say that I'm glad there is a push to stop texting and driving, however, I don't understand why other things aren't getting the same push.

How can it be unsafe to text, yet be safe to put your make-up on while driving?  You're not paying attention to what's around you when you have your mirror moved and your hands off the wheel...???


So I thought I would share some of the other things I've seen people do while driving on the interstate...
  1. reading a newspaper - actually having the paper over the steering wheel and reading it
  2. watching their dvd player from their dashboard
  3. reading a book - an old fashion, paper turning book, not a kindle/nook (not that it would be any better either way)
  4. trying to get something from their backseat (how can you drive forward when you're looking back)
  5. Shaving their face - I've seen them shaving their face with an electric razor and with shaving cream and a disposable razor
  6. Shaving their leg - yes, I have seen a woman driving 70 miles an hour down the highway with her leg on the dash, shaving cream and a razor shaving her leg...
  7. Playing on their laptop
  8. I've even seen a woman taking her bra off, with her shirt still on.  She passed me just as she pulled the bra out of her shirt sleeve...
  9. Picking their nose (really people, just because you are in a car alone, doesn't mean the rest of us can't see you)...
  10. flossing and brushing their teeth - why would you do this?
Really people?  These things should be done everywhere and anywhere besides in your car!!!  So what will you see when you pass me...that depends on what song is on the radio...in my little piece of the road, you will see me singing my little heart out, at the top of my lungs...where no one else can see me...however, I have looked over and seen people smiling/laughing...and all I have to say to that is, "I'm so glad I made their day better"...grin...

So what have you seen while driving?  Hugs...


1 comment:

Brent said...

It’s great how the author brings awareness to dangerous distractions besides texting.