I'm going to let you in on a secret...I LOVE Dairy Queen's Mint Chocolate Dilly Bars...I could eat these things every single day...However, I found out the first of July that I was diabetic...Doctor said that I could try changing my diet to see if that would help before we try medicines.
Change my diet, I asked? I mean it couldn't have been the 96 ounces of soda I was drinking a day? Or the fast food I was eating for breakfast, lunch and dinner...not to mention the chocolate I was having for snacks...Could it? Did this mean no more Dilly Bars...yes, yes it did...sigh...
Anyway, I decided to do Atkin's because I knew I was going to need a drastic change...and drastic it was. I've always said that I was 98% sugar and carbs, so what do I do, I go on a diet that says no sugar and carbs...grin.
I must say that I thought it would be harder to quit chocolate and junk food, however, I've found it pretty easy. I don't miss the chocolate or the fast food. I've gotten use to the strange looks, when I do go through the fast food drive thru and ask for things like, "An egg mcmuffin sandwich without the muffin" from McDonalds" or "A roast beef sandwich without the bun" at Arby's.
So after almost two months, I've lost quite a bit of weight, I feel wonderful and if I must say so myself, I'm looking pretty sharp...grin...
The only thing I've started missing here lately is the Dairy Queen Mint Chocolate Dilly Bars. I don't go back to the doctor until October, and I'm bound and determined to NOT be diabetic by then. And I'm hoping by that time, I will have retrain myself to eat better. I all ready make better choices, so I think I will be okay as long as I don't go back to my old way of eating.
I guess I can't complain...I did have 46 years of eating junk food without problems...grin...And look out Dairy Queen and anyone in my way when my doc tells me my numbers are good and I'm not diabetic!!! Because I'm going to be right there pushing in line for my Dilly Bar!!! And you won't want to be in my way! grin...

No comments:
Post a Comment