Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. ~Lou Holtz
Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Goals
The last day of January, so it was soul searching time to see how far behind/ahead I am with the goals I listed...well, I'm behind a little...but I'm settling in and changing some habits, so I'm hoping that this time next month, I will be ahead of the game...or at least back on track...We can't beat ourselves down when we don't reach our goals...but we DO need to make sure we get back on track and quick...If I let my goals slip any more then they all ready have, then I will get discouraged and not even try...and that's bad...so tomorrow can be my new New Year and my goals can start there...now you can't do this every month, but every now and again won't hurt...They aren't called Life or Death Goals...they are just goals...goals that you have to either want to do or not...life interrupting can only be an excuse here and there...If you are finding your life is interrupting your writing all the time, then you need to really take a look at whether or not your writing is what you really want to do...I started taking a look at this over this past weekend and I really do want to write...so I AM going to write...that's my goals...write...write...write...and then write some more...I am in some wonderful critique groups and I know with their help, my other goals will happen...I just have to write something for them to critique...so off I go to write...and keep my goals going in the "write" direction...hugs...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment