Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. ~Lou Holtz
Monday, January 29, 2007
Meditation
I have been trying to free myself of stress by learning to meditate. It's not going well. Complete silence, dark room, relaxed body...my mind shuts out everything about the day and I am focusing on the flower in my imagination...things are going great...then 2 seconds later, my mind is all over the place...work, home, son, husband, groceries...you name it and I'm thinking it...and my real world starts to crush my flower...Maybe I'm too stressed...maybe I don't know how to relax...there's no maybe to it...I don't know how to relax...then I realized that when I'm showering, I'm not thinking of work, etc. My mind really does shut down when I'm in the shower...so I tried something this evening...I lit some candles in the bathroom, put on a meditation tape, cut off the lights, and let the hot water wash away my stress...it was wonderful. I felt so fresh and relaxed for 20 minutes...but then I had to get out of the shower and I realized while drying off that the stress was back. I could feel it in my shoulders. So should I give up on meditation...no...I know it works...I proved that, so now all I have to do is figure out how to have it work longer then 20 minutes and without me getting wet...I see my flower again...concentrate...let the light breeze in my imagination blow away my stress...deep breaths...I forgot to check on that work order for the tenant in A4...I think we are out of mustard...deep breath...I have to get to the bank tomorrow....concentrate...wonder how that meeting will go with the guy applying for the maintenance job...okay, so meditation doesn't happen over night...and it looks like it won't happen for me for quite awhile...sigh...oh well, there's always tomorrows shower...Hugs...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment