Saturday, February 3, 2007

The Writing Tree

I recently joined 3 new critique groups...one group for my PB's...one group likes early readers and the other is mainly for my MG novel...The PB and the ER groups are pretty much submissions weekly, so that will keep me busy and on track and the MG group is more flexible...I want this year to be the year, so I'm looking for all the help I can get. Plus, I'm the member of another group that helps keep me sane in the craziness that we call writing...this group doesn't do very many critiques anymore, but the members are wonderful and I wouldn't miss keeping up with them for anything...and one last group is more a more private group...there are two members (me and another lady) and we do a lot of brainstorming and some creating of things together...she has her style and I have mine, but we seem to mix our styles together pretty nicely for some things...so there you have it...that's my groups...will I keep busy this year...I hope so...will all of this help me accomplish my goal of getting published...I think so...of course I know...only a well written story is going to do that, but with all this help...how can I miss...grin..

A little of this and a little of that...I didn't do any writing today, but I did get a lot of research done so I feel pretty good. I have several projects going and I feel good!

So remember, even though you might not be writing on a story, there are lots of other ways to be "writing"...research, reading the genre you are writing, polishing that cover letter, finding the best agent/publisher, looking at theme lists...there are so many branches on the writing tree...and as long as you are hanging onto one of those branches, you are working on your craft...just make sure that your stories are the strongest branch on your tree...if you don't nurture your stories (I mean actually write), then this branch will get weak and break...then all that research, etc. won't do you any good...My hope is that all these little branches that I have joined and research that I have done, etc. will make my trunk strong and my branches bloom...Hugs...

No comments: