Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. ~Lou Holtz
Tuesday, February 6, 2007
Oops...I did it again...ARGH!
Okay, for those of you who do not know me, I feel the need to start my post with a little background...I have been compared to a hurricane in full force when I'm mad...my husband on the other hand is so calm that I have to poke him during "discussions" to make sure he hasn't fallen asleep. Anyway, I wear my emotions on my shirt sleeve...strangers know what kind of mood I'm in within seconds of seeing me enter a room...so with that said, you will understand why I have a tendency to do things without thinking when I'm upset...And upset, I was...I'm an apartment manager and things just aren't going well at the moment. It's usually very slow this time of the year, but for some reason, a lot of tenants have decided to move, or cause enough trouble that I have to evict them. I have no maintenance man which means I am doing the maintenance calls myself along with the office work...needless to say, I'm tired and my patience level is LOW...so today (at quitting time) I had a tenant come in to give me notice that she was moving, but she couldn't stop there...nooooo, she also wanted to tell me all the bad things about the complex and her apartment...the complex I manage is 25 years old and needs some work...don't get me wrong it's not falling down around these people, it just needs work...new windows, new siding, etc...then insides look good...but the outside needs helps...so here it is quitting time..I haven't had lunch or breakfast because I had three reports that I needed to do this morning before 10 a.m...I had to replace a ballcock in a toilet, a light switch in another apartment, tighten the hinges on a closet door in another and stop a faucet from dripping...now I know this doesn't seem like a lot of things to do, but when you are suppose to be in the office doing reports, it gets busy...oh and did I mention that I am also interviewing a new cleaning person for the complex and the maintenance man I hired can't seem to decide when he wants to start and I have two vacant units that I need to get rented...ARGH!!! Okay, so back to my Oops moment for the day...I finally get the tenant out of my office and I'm sitting there fuming about the things she has said, so what do I do...I decided to shoot my company an email...my boss, her boss and the owner of the company...yep, I don't do things small...I usually have another manager who "edits" my emails before I send them,(this has kept me from being fired several times...grin) but seeings that it was after 5, she was all ready at home, so it's hard to tell what I said in my email...sigh...and what did I do next...I hit the send button...I guess I should look at it like this...I might have a lot of time on my hands to write after tomorrow...somehow I don't think my hubby will look at it the same way...I really gotta learn to count to ten...grin...hugs...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment