Saturday, January 13, 2007

Memory Lane

Recently, on one of the boards I get on, it was asked about your favorite toy as a child...mine was Punky Monkey...he was a sock monkey that my Grammy made for me. I loved that monkey...he knew all of secrets and he was so brave. He kept all the bad monsters away at night...I wore that poor monkey out...

Then many years later, when I had my son, my Grammy made him a sock monkey. He too, wore it out and carried it everywhere. His monkey's name was Baby. He would carry that poor monkey around by its tail...which ended up making his tail longer then the monkey's body...

That sock monkey is something I remember from past without much thought. What I mean is, I can sit at my desk and think about my childhood and things that I had and did, but it doesn't take much at all to remind me of my Punky Monkey...and a more relaxed time in my youth...

Hugs...

2 comments:

Pamela Morgan said...

Cute memory Brenda. Sock monkeys are a lot of fun.
Pam

Pamela Morgan said...

Sock monkeys are great fun. I remember those. :0)
Pam