Saturday, February 17, 2007

Brrr...

Its quite cold here and has been for several days. We've been digging ourselves out from under 5" of sleet mixed with ice and snow. Once the roads were cleared, it became quite a beautiful thing to see. The sun covering the snow, making everything sparkle. I have a long weekend this weekend, so that makes the sight even better.

The other night, I woke up and grabbed my little book light and tablet I keep close to write on and I jotted down this idea for a book. I don't know where the idea came from. I don't remember dreaming before waking up, but there it was. An idea. A cute one, if I must say so myself. I've put it aside for a couple of days (just to make sure its still cute...grin) and I am planning on working on it later today.

Isn't it funny how ideas come about. I've been jotting down little bits and pieces of the way the kids on the property I manage played in the snow over the last couple of days. Their actions and reactions to the ice, snow and cold. I never thought work would be an inspirational place for me, but there a go. Anywhere, anytime an idea can come to you. My husband has gotten use to having my pocket book tossed into his arms after I have grabbed the paper and pen from it and I turn him around and start jotting down the idea. He just stands there calmly waiting for me to get done. Although, I have a feeling he's looking at people and making jesters and mouthing things like..."Who is she?" "I don't know her." or most likely he's mouthing the words, "help me!" None of these things bother me, because I know he wouldn't trade me in even if he could and one day, I will be able to tell people that interview me about my bestselling novel that, "I jotted it down on my hubby's back in the middle of the mall while he made funny faces."

Yep, story ideas come from everywhere...you just need to watch for them and have pen and paper (and your husband's back) ready. Hugs.

1 comment:

Linda D. (sbk) said...

Hi Lilfix,

It's sbk from the blue board.

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi. You know what I love about blogging? You can write about whatever you want. I started a blog about a year ago and quit after a few posts, and just last week, I started back up again. I'm enjoying it a whole lot more this time around. In fact, I'm addicted.

Do you mind if I add your link to my blog?