Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The First Meeting...

Isn't it amazing how the "first meeting" can open so many different doors. The first meeting with your significant other...it went well, and you fell in love...the first meeting with your Mother-in-law...if she likes you all is well...if she doesn't, then look out...the first meeting with an employer...you got the job...or you didn't...and my first meeting with Weight Watchers...okay, long stretch from one point to the other, but had to stall a little bit...I had to stall because I'm still getting over the weighing in...and the WEIGHT...argh...

Other then those two horrible things, the meeting was great. The leader is really fun and she's someone that would help comfort you if you fall off the eating wagon...she wouldn't make you feel guilty...she would be supportive...and the group seems to be fun also. It's filled with a variety of personalities and many different shapes and sizes of men and women. I guess what I'm trying to say is...it doesn't look like all those exercise shows where everyone is a size 1 and they are trying to make you happy about being there huffing and puffing to keep up with them. grin...

They are "normal" size and they know what you are going through. I'm glad I joined and I have a lot to learn about my eating habits...I know they are bad eating habits, and I didn't need a group to tell me that. But I'm hoping they will teach me better eating habits.

Okay, so I have to go now and read the books they gave me...my points start tomorrow (so I have to finish eating the chocolate chip cookies I baked last night, so I can start with a clean slate tomorrow) That's my logic, I'm sticking to it...grin...Hugs...

2 comments:

Linda D. (sbk) said...

I'm glad your meeting went well.

I had to bake cookies today for my kids' school thing. It just about killed me.

But I'm fine. I'm okay. sniff sniff.

I want a cookie. :(

Pamela Morgan said...

Good luck Brenda. I have friends who go to Weight Watchers and they swear by them. For some people having to pay for their sins keeps them on the straight and narrow. :D

Pam