My son is 19 years old. He still lives at home, has a full time job and is really a good kid (young man)...I've been very lucky. He really has not given us a moments trouble, even through the teen years in high school. I knew I would have to let go someday, but I didn't know it would be so soon. Here's the thing...he's not moving out...he's not getting married...nothing is changing...all he wants to do is drive from Virginia to Michigan with 3 of his friends...I know what you are thinking...that's it! That's what you are whining about...But you have to understand that he has never been more then hour away from me in all his 19 years. Maybe if he had started off with a few shorter trips, I would have had time to get use to something like this, but he hasn't...instead he's gone no where until now...
I will be a nervous wreck until he gets back home. He will be gone for 3 days & 2 nights...3 very long days and 2 very long nights...sigh...
I knew this day would come and I knew I wouldn't be happy about it. At least he has given me a month to get use to the idea...He will leave on March 31 and return on April 2...I will not be able to think of anything else until he is back home...safe and sound...and close enough for me to give him lots of...Hugs...
7 comments:
Oh m'gosh, I can't imagine. Mine are still too young for that so I like to keep them nice and close.
When you go to my blog, look under my friends' blogs and find Shore Lines. Go there, to Stella's blog ... let's just say, the 3 days won't sound so bad anymore.
Don't worry. He'll be fine.
Linda...I checked out Stella's blog...OMG, I would go nuts if Josh decided to do all of that...I guess I should be happy he's only going to be gone for 3 days...but I'm not...I'm sad... sniff...sniff..but it will be okay...I keep telling myself that...it's okay...its okay...sniff, sniff...it's okay...
aawwww ... hugs.
Brenda,
That's not very long to travel that far. What's the attraction in Michigan? Sounds like all they'll have time to do is drive. I'll be praying they have a safe trip. I know what you mean though. It's not easy to cut the apron strings.
Pam
They are going to watch Wrestlmania...or something like that...grin...he picks on me about doing the paypreview so I can scan the audience for him to make sure he's okay...what he doesn't know if that was all ready on my list of things to do...grin...
I'll try again. Basically, I tried to share my experience when Jade went to Trevecca with her dad and grandma. Being 10 hours away was aweful but at least she called everyday, sometimes more than once and she took lots of pictures. I am already stuggling with her going away to college and she's only in 11th grade. She's my best friend as well as my daughter. I can't imagine waking up and her not being here. I don't know if it will help you or not but I will be praying for you and your son as he travels.
Thanks Skyemadison...I would feel better if he were with a family member...father, aunt, me...grin....but I guess I have to trust that we raised him well and he will be safe...I won't have any fingernails left until he gets back...grin....
Post a Comment