The time I have dreaded is finally here...my son leaves for Detroit...sniff...sniff...
I have to somehow try to get through the next couple of days without worrying...or at least without calling him every hour to make sure he's okay...
Why do kids have to grow up? Why can't they stay little like the children in our stories? Growing only in behavior, not in age...wishful thinking. I'm sure my parents went through the same thing when I left home. Where did the time go? I remember bringing him home from the hospital, changing his diapers, and teaching him to walk...who knew he would be walking away so soon...sigh...
I have a busy weekend planned, so hopefully that will keep my mind off of things. I know he's excited about going, but you would think he would take his mothers worries into consideration and not want to worry her...yeah right! grin...
On to writing...I feel like I have not written anything in forever and a day. My schedule at work has gotten crazy and my home schedule isn't much better. This weekend is shot and the following week is pretty much the same. I do have next Friday off for a long weekend, so maybe I will be able to do some writing then.
I have lost a total of 6 lbs in two weeks...and am still walking 45 minutes every morning with a friend...it feels good to walk and I actually look forward to the mornings...I feel so much better being healthy. I should have tried this along time ago...grin...Hugs...
3 comments:
They do grow too quickly. That's for sure! I'm sure everything will be fine. :)
6 lbs! That's 6 kinds of awesome! Way to go!
Glad to see your feeling better.
I'll keep you and your son in my thoughts and prayers.
Yeah! Six pounds, that's great. I'm rootin' for ya'.
Pam
Linda and Pam...thanks for the encouragement on the weight loss...it's actually been easier then I thought it would be (and I've found out that I can have Hostess 100 calorie hoho's...yes, chocolate...not all is lost)
Joshua called about an hour ago, he's about 2 hours away from home and all is well on his end. I still won't rest until I see my baby boy walk through the front door, but at least I know he's back in the area again. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. It was so much easier when he was a baby and couldn't do anything without me (or atleast back then, he "wouldn't" do anything without me)...Hugs...Brenda
Post a Comment