Saturday, April 28, 2007

Happy Anniversary...

May 1, 2007 will be 8 years that I've been married to my wonderful husband...Each day I seem to fall back in love with him all over again. I know that's kinda sappy, but it's true. Even when he annoys me (and trust me, he does this quite well at times...grin)...I can't help but love him...He makes me laugh, he lets me be me, and I feel very fortunate to have met him (the way we met is another blog post in itself...wink...wink....) Anyway, with all this wonderful man is to me and gives me, he does have his faults...and I think that "knowing" and "admitting" that you and your spouse have faults is what makes marriages work. If you think your spouse is "perfect", then sooner or later they will do something that proves they are not perfect and for some people that is enough to destroy what they thought they had. Jeff is far from perfect, but he is perfect for me and that's what matters...

Okay, with all this said, I am going to gripe a little...grin...romance and Jeff are like oil and water...they don't go together...don't get me wrong, he has his moments, but not often...

He asked me what I wanted for our anniversary and I said...Romance...so he pulled out a book that I had gotten him years ago, "1001 Romantic Ideas" (now when I got him this book, I even went so far as to hi-light the things I thought were romantic...things that I would like and most of these ideas were free or cost very little...) I have never been one to think that you have to spend a lot of money to have a romantic date, but I knew Jeff would see all of these other ideas in this book and think that's what I wanted, so I wanted to help him out...Flip open the book and just pick one of the yellow hi-lighted items and you're a hit...Anyway, he claims he has been studying this book for a few days now, so when I got home today and he said he had something for me, I thought..."Yes, finally some romance!"...I was wrong...sort of...Jeff has always been able to pick out wonderful cards for me for birthdays and anniversaries, it's just the rest of the gifts that fall a little short...I know...I know...it's the thought that counts, but I wish he would put a little more thought into his gifts...here I am trying to lose weight and he gets me a huge bag of Reese cups and some chocolate cupcakes...when what I really wanted was for him to play the musical tape from our elopement and dance with me like we did on our wedding night...I know, he can't read minds, BUT...he knows I'm on a diet, so why the chocolate? Do I sound ungrateful...I don't mean to...Remember, I love him faults and all and thankfully he loves me even with ALL my faults...I just wish men would think a little more about things...I hint all the time that we haven't danced together in ages...I have candles all around the house and I mention how beautiful candlelight is...I guess, I need to give him a list of exactly what I want, but then doesn't that take away from the romance? I know I can do those things for him, but romance isn't that important to him, so it's not what he would want. Okay, I'm done griping...I love him and I know he loves me...and I wouldn't change him if I could...honest...I would change his thought process when it came to romance...grin...Even though Jeff has no clue what a blog is and he would have no clue even how to find my blog, I would like to say..."Happy Anniversary Jeff...I have loved spending the last 8 years with you, and I can't wait to see what the next 8 years has in store for us. I love you..." And for any readers of my blog...here's hoping you have a little romance in your life...hugs...

4 comments:

choppersmom said...

Awww, sounds a lot like Pat and me. Aren't we lucky to have them?

And by the way, you are soooo busted on the NaNo forum games, young lady!

Heehee, come back and play some more!

Love,
Trish

Linda D. (sbk) said...

Happy Anniversary!

Sometimes guys just need a little slap on the back of their heads with a "Yo, light the candles!"

Brenda said...

If only men came with a rewind button so we can hit the button and let them try again and again and again until they get it right...grin...

Trish...oops...grin...I wanted to see if I had left some words or ideas over there so that I could borrow them and get past this writer's block...but those darn games jumped out at me and made me play them...sigh...It was such a weak moment (or two)...

Pamela Morgan said...

When you've been married as long as I have it's now down to, "What do you want for your anniversary, b-day, etc." "I want blank" then he gets it. Or worse I go out and buy it and say look what you got me. We've been married 27 years. Yikes, that makes me sound old.
Pam :o)