Saturday, April 7, 2007

I've taken up knitting...like I have time for that...

Okay, I've written about the lack of time that I have to write, but then I keep adding things to my plate...like knitting...I'm hooked...my M-I-L showed me how to knit a couple of months ago, but I really didn't do much with it (it was more to make her happy so I learned), but then she took me on a "field trip" to this yarn shop that offers these lessons, etc. I made a whimsies and I now I'm hooked!!! I've been working on ski cap and I've all ready decided my next project will be a baby sweater. So my questions for you is this...

Do you think that we need a break from writing at times...? Do you think are brains need to create in other ways?

I think so, even if we would rather be creating a brilliant story our brain says "nope" create something else. So we can create on something new (like knitting) or we can stare at a blank screen and hope our brain forgets that it told us no...I think a part of me is ready to take a break from writing and do other things (rubber stamping, knitting, gardening, and planting flowers around my home)...and my hope is that by taking a "mental" vacation for little while, that I will be able to come back strong with my writing. I enjoy writing for children and I do miss it, but I have to be honest, my creative side when it comes to writing has been slacking quite a bit lately, so I think its time to put my writing on the bookshelf and recharge my brain.

Now for some good news...I only lost .2 lbs last week, but I have lost 1/2" around my waist and thighs and my pants are loose...I'm still walking 3 to 3 1/2 miles a day and watching what I eat...I really wasn't sure I could stick with it this long, but I was in need of a change and I'm glad I have kept up with it. I really think this will help me get back on track in other areas of my life...

Oh...and my son made it back safe and he had a lot of fun. Matter-of-fact, he can't wait for his next road trip...fun! fun! (yes, I'm being sarcastic...grin) Growing up is hard to do...and I can tell you I don't like it one bit...

Happy Easter....Hugs....

2 comments:

Linda D. (sbk) said...

I always take the summer off to recharge my brain. It's so easy to do. I'd rather be outside doing stuff like walking and working in the garden than sitting in the stuffy house on the computer. It's an easy choice for me.

By the end of the summer, I'm so excited to get back to writing. I always try to time this so I've finished working on something and it needs time to rest ... it gets the summer off and so do I. That way, I don't feel like I'm being pulled to it.

Brenda said...

Linda...I'm hoping my dull brain cells will brighten up a little with some time off. Not long, just enough time to get fresh again...Thanks for letting me know that I'm not the only one that feels like this...Brenda