Sunday, May 13, 2007

What was I thinking?

Work has kept me very busy with a lot of unexpected things, but that hasn't deterred my hubby and me from finally giving our yard grass and flowers. We built our house one and half years ago and just never seemed to take the time to do anything with the outside. Instead we concentrated on the inside. That all changed this past week. I told my hubby that I wanted a nice yard for Mother's Day, but I forgot to tell him that I wanted someone else to do all the work...grin. So we went plant/grass shopping, got rid of over a years worth of weeds, spread top soil, planted grass seeds, planted the flowers/bushes, put down decorative gravel in the flowerbeds and collected mountain rocks for a border around the plants. We started all of this on Wednesday after I got off work (which was late because of all the things going on there) and we would work up to 9 p.m., and we did the same thing on Thursday and Friday. Then yesterday we got out in the yard around 7:30 a.m. and worked until about 7 p.m. We have collapsed into bed each night, exhausted, muscles sore and sunburned. During all of this work, I still walked 3.5 miles each morning and Jeff went turkey hunting, so both of our days started early and ended late.

So here I am, on Mother's Day, looking over my new front yard (I figure Father's Day would be a good time to work on the back yard...not sure hubby will feel the same way...grin) Anyway, back to my new yard, I love it!!! It looks great and I can't wait for the grass to grow up through the straw. There are no weeds and I just love the way it looks. In a couple of weeks to a month the bushes/flowers will be in bloom, and the grass will be up...Ahhh, it feels like a home and I can't wait for friends and family to see it.

Now if I can just get someone to do the dishes for me...Oh, and I've lost a total of 11 pounds and Weight Watchers has told me to eat MORE...yes, you read correctly...more food. Something about the amount of walking we do each morning, we need to put that back in food, so we are trying it this week to see if we lose more weight (we haven't been losing as much weight as we should be...instead of 1-2 lbs, we are only losing .2 - .4 lbs...so it's time to change some things...with more food...gotta love it...grin...

Happy Mother's Day to all...Hugs...

4 comments:

Linda D. (sbk) said...

happy Mother's Day!!

I remember how exciting it was when we finally got our grass and gardens all set up. Enjoy!

choppersmom said...

Can you and Jeff be up here next week to do my yard??? I can't light any kind of fire under Pat lately.

Now, lemme get this straight - You're not losing enough weight, so you have to eat more. *thinks hard* Nope, I don't get it!!

Congratulations on losing so much! I'm thinking of joining Weight Watchers myself. I'm tired of being as heavy as I am, and WW has worked for me before. I just didn't stick to it long enough.

Happy Mother's Day - Go enjoy that beautiful yard!

Trish

Pamela Morgan said...

Hon, didn't anybody ever tell you you weren't supposed to work your heinie off on mother's day?

Pam :o)

Brenda said...

Linda...I am enjoying it all ready...even though at the moment it is a yard full of straw...grin...

Trish...Would love to visit, but you may have to wait until next year before we are not sore, not sunburned and have forgotten the pain we are in at the moment...grin...

I have to say, I love Weight Watchers!!! grin...

They said that my body thinks it is starving because of walking the 3.5 miles a day and that I need "re-fuel" just for that...hey, whatever ya say WW...I get to eat more...grin..

Pam...I know what you mean...you would think that I've been married long enough to know that when I ask for something I need I to make sure there I don't get caught in the loop hole...silly me...grin..Hope you had a more restful Mother's Day and was able to do what you wanted to the whole day...