Sunday, August 5, 2007

I got him...!!!

For those of you who don't know, I hunt. My husband is a big hunter and years ago when we were dating my interest was peaked and so he taught me. I hunt deer, but would love to hunt elk one day. I'm getting off the point of this post. A couple of years ago, Jeff and I built a house in the mountains. I love it! No neighbors, just trees and wildlife. Well this year, we have started seeing a lot of groundhogs in the back yard. Another thing you may not know...my husband is a farmer, so groundhogs are a no no on the farms because of the damage they can cause, so we shoot them any chance we can.

Yesterday, I was on my back porch with my laptop when I looked up and saw it. A groundhog! Usually, Jeff finds the groundhog and gets the gun ready and then tells me about it and I take a shot. But yesterday when I saw the groundhog, Jeff was downstairs and if I yelled for him, the groundhog might leave, so I had a choice to make...load the gun myself (which I do know how to do) and try to shoot it or let the groundhog go.

I chose to make the shot! I loaded the gun, took aim and bang! Now you might be saying...why would she brag about this? I brag because Jeff has missed these groundhogs and I got one! 72 yards away and I got him. Jeff heard the shot and came upstairs to see what was going on. I told him and...now picture this...

Jeff was in his boxers and a t-shirt, with his hunting boots on, walking down through backyard to see if I had really gotten this groundhog...if only I had a picture of my hubby standing in his underwear, holding this dead groundhog up in the middle of our backyard...

I know, you can say it...we are such hicks...grins...and it doesn't take much to excite us...giggle...hugs...

4 comments:

Pamela Morgan said...

Ma and Pa kettle comes to mind. :o)

Linda D. (sbk) said...

ewwwww ...

but good for you ... I guess.

Poor little critter. :(

Brenda said...

Pam...

I love Ma & Pa Kettle movies...thankfully though, we don't have as many kids...grin...

Linda...

I'm such a hick...grin...and proud of it...grin...

Carole Brooks said...

Oh, my! Must keep my elk away from you, Brenda!
I have a story about an elk. hehee


Carole
from Verlas

Nice blog, nice.