Tuesday, August 21, 2007

It's done....

Yahoo!!! Koda and I finished cleaning and organizing my writing/craft room today. We are ready for our writing vacation in a couple of weeks.

I have Hunting For Sam ready to work on for my vacation week. I've pulled a couple of smaller things to work on until then. I'm going to get them in the mail hopefully this week (or at least reworked and out in the mail before 9-14-07...(which is my b-day)...this entire cleaning up and getting organized is my b-day present to myself. That way the week I take off, I can concentrate on writing. My Christmas present to myself is to have Sam ready to go in the mail to an agent by that time. I know, I'm suppose to let it set and settle and come back to it, but I have a little more then half of it written already and have been sending it to my critique group to look at...so I'm hoping my Christmas present will be ready to go by December...cross your fingers...grin...

It is soooo nice to have a workable work station. I almost forgot what it felt like to work at my desk. Heck, I almost forgot what my desk looks like...grin...

I've had my desk for a long, long time. My parents gave it to me for Christmas the year I turned 13. When Jeff and I moved into the house, I sanded it down (and scraped off all the PacMan stickers) and refinished it. I have to say, it turned out beautifully. Its not a big desk, but it works for me...and it helps me remember my youth...Do you know how many love letters I wrote at this desk...sigh...Anyway...

I have a big window that my desk sits in front of so I have nothing but mountains and trees to look at and birds to listen to...no neighbors close enough to see or hear...what a life...I could get use to this...grin...hugs...

4 comments:

Linda D. (sbk) said...

sounds nice, Brenda.

I stare at the back wall of my office. Nothing there. But that's what I need ...

blank wall = active mind
scenery/decorations = blank brain

I can't help it.

choppersmom said...

PacMan stickers?? Really? Brenda. Come on!!

Danette Haworth said...

Brenda,

The extra bedroom downstairs is my writing room and when I enter it, I feel like I'm entering my writing sanctuary. It's one of my favorite rooms in the house.

Brenda said...

Linda...right now I'm mlooking out the window that my desk is in front of I am watching 10 deer...mostly mama's and fawns...it relaxes me...

Trish...Don't badmouth the "Man"...grin...I had stickers, sweatshirts, baseball caps, you name it I was a walking billboard and I was the champ in the local mall. Plus, I don't care what anyone says...Ms Pacman was NOT as much fun as the real thing...but then I have always been a sucker for those big mouthed bald men...grin...

Danette...I know what you mean...in my writing room, I can listen to whatever music I want, I can wear my pj's and no make-up and (don't tell anyone) I also have a bottom drawer full of chocolate (kisses, rolo's and Reese's...yum...yum)...grin..