Saturday, September 29, 2007

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

For those of you who are fairly new to my blog, in February of this year, I felt a lump in my breast.

Thankfully, it turned out to be nothing. I was lucky. Since then, I have tried my best to remind women to do their monthly breast exams and I have tried to learn everything I can about this disease...

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, so I want to get the message out there now and hope that each of you reading this will do your part...


  • Give yourself a self breast exam. Make sure you remind your mom, sister, daughter and all the other women in your life to do the same.
  • Spread the word. I'm going to be putting some links to some very special sites on my blog and I hope you will share them and check them out. Don't forget to take a moment and "click" to help a woman get a free Mammogram.

The links are:

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=2&ThirdPartyClicks=prcnbcf

http://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/ Scroll to the bottom of the page and click in the pink box that says "Pink Ribbon Challenge" to help (for free) women get free Mammograms.

We women are a tough sort and by working together, this disease doesn't stand a chance.

Hugs...

Does Physical Activity Reduce The Risk Of Breast Cancer?

A woman who exercises four hours per week reduces her risk of breast cancer. Exercise pumps up the immune system and cuts the estrogen level.

Information provided by: NationalBreastCancer.org

2 comments:

Goadingthepen said...

Brenda,

This is really a great thing you are doing passing this info along! I went through this with both my foster mother and my mother-in-law. It was heartbreaking. Though they are both doing well today it was a very scarry time.

Brenda said...

I can still remember the moment I felt the lump...I've never been so scared...after that I changed a lot of things in my life. I still joke about eating junk food, etc., but I eat a lot less of it then I did before and I started exercising and just paying more attention to what's going on with (and into) my body.

I'm glad your foster mom and M-I-L are doing well today and I hope they continue to do so. Hugs...