Well, Tae bo finally kicked my butt or should I say back...grin...This past Saturday, my friend and I decided to do the 8 minute advanced workout and somewhere during this workout, my back went out...
My aching back makes it very difficult to sit down and to stand up...once I'm sitting, things seem to settle and I'm okay and once I'm walking a little, it quits hurting...but getting down and getting up is bringing tears to my eyes...
Jeff wants me to see a doc, but I know what he will say..."Take it easy. Rest." and I don't have time to do that at the moment...I don't like to take medicine (although I have been popping my share of Advil over the last couple of days)...I am sleeping on heating pads, and walking around with one of those heating pads stuck to my back. I'm sure pulling this thing off will hurt more then the original back pain, but whats a painful back to do...grin...
I don't remember hurting so much when I was younger. sigh... Hugs...
Drive Through Mastectomies:
This is something else that I was shocked to learn about in my breast cancer research...it is called Drive through Mastectomies. Right now insurance companies can tell your doctor and/or the hospital how long you can stay in the hospital after a Mastectomy. It doesn't matter if you are ready to go home or not.
Please check out this website. From what I gather the petition is still taking signatures...
http://www.lifetimetv.com/community/my-lifetime-commitment/breast-cancer/petition/breast-cancer-petition
Please check it out...Thank you and hugs...
2 comments:
Brenda,
A woman I used to work with gave her old, well-worn copy of Help for Your Aching Back. It contains a bunch of simple exercises (I know! I hate exercise, but . . .) and even if you do only one, it will help--the pelvic tilt.
You probably already know about it, I'm sure there's a website that describes the movement better than I can (not really an exercise guru!)
I think exercise is what got me into this shape...grin...but at least you didn't say I would have to a crunch...pelvic tilt, I can handle...grin...
I've been putting those icy/hot bandages on it during the day and a product called "Freeze" on it at night...I have NO clue why they call it freeze, because it BURNS!!!
But I did feel better this morning, so hopefully it is working...
Post a Comment