Friday, November 16, 2007

When did Christmas come before Thanksgiving?

The radio station that I listen to has started playing ALL Christmas songs ALL day long ALL ready. We just got over Halloween and haven't even eaten ourselves into unbuttoned pants for Thanksgiving.

How do you skip a holiday? Stores these days put Christmas items out earlier and earlier, that by the time the holiday gets here, I'm sick and tired of it!

I've never been one to put up my tree early. I put it up the weekend before Christmas and take it down the weekend after Christmas.

I love to look at Christmas lights, but I think some people have also taken that too far! There is a show on HGTV that shows us these different houses and the decorations they put on them. People spend thousands of dollars more each month for 2 or 3 months on their electric bills just so they can say, they have more Christmas spirit then their neighbors.

I don't get it. Maybe I'm just a little Bah Humbug at the moment. I'll have to get my movies Miracle on 34th street, It's a Wonderful Life, Charlie Brown Christmas and Frosty the Snowman out and watch them this weekend. Then maybe I will be in a more Christmas spirit...

So are you tired of the holiday yet? Hugs...

2 comments:

Linda D. (sbk) said...

I'll be honest about something I don't share with everyone ...

I still have a bunch of my Christmas decorations up from last year. No, not the tree, but the stuff around the windows? Yup. Still there. So, am I sick of Christmas decorations? Oh yeah!!

Danette Haworth said...

Before Thanksgiving, before Halloween, too!