Sunday, December 2, 2007

Truly Pampered Pooches...and I don't mean Koda

Okay, I know many of you think that my little furbaby is spoiled...I mean it is not often that you hear of someone buying their puppy a high chair to eat from, yet I did this...and everyone thought I was a little extreme, but now I realize that Koda isn't spoiled at all. He's actually being deprived of life's little pleasures.

I read in the newspaper recently about the gifts for the "Truly Pampered Pooch" and here are the top five items.

  1. When Koda was a puppy, I had a puppy pocketbook that I carried him around in. It was like carrying a diaper bag...it had all his toys, etc., but if you are afraid that your little furbaby will be a little cramped, then you need to check out the new Puppoose. This is a hand-crocheted carrier that you wear slung over your shoulder. It looks something like a hammock with holes for your puppy's legs. www.feeltheflo.com
  2. What happens if your pooch is having a bad hair day, you buy him/her a wig. You heard me right...Wigs for dogs! You can get curls to braids to bouffants and of course there is a range of colors...after all, Blonde puppies have more fun you know. www.wigglesdogwigs.com
  3. You have a little wine with dinner or drink a beer while watching the Super Bowl, so why shouldn't your puppy have the same? Your pooch can now relax with a nice bottle of nonalcoholic beer from Dog Star Brewing Company. www.beerfordogs.com This beer is actually fortified with glucosamine for healthy joints and vitamin E and flavored with all-natural beef drippings. Happy Tail Ale is sold in six-packs, so there is plenty to share when your pooches friends come over for the big game.
  4. As we all know, what goes in, must come out and now technology has come to the rescue. Poop-Freeze is a specially formulated aerosol freeze spray. You spray your puppy's "droppings" and this Poop-Freeze forms a frosty film on the dog poop. It hardens the surface for easy pick-up. www.poop-freeze.com
  5. What do you do with the poop once you freeze it? Good question. You need a "Fashion Bag Carrier". You can get this little carrier in a variety of colors and patterns. They attach to any leash, and can hold your cell phone also. Doesn't that sound interesting. Digging through your frozen poop carrier to find the cell phone you are about to put next to your ear...yikes! Anyway, these poop carriers attach to any lease, so no one will know you are carrying around frozen puppy poop. www.dogpetboutique.com

We haven't let Koda read the paper since seeing this article. We don't want him to know how little he has. Nor do we want him adding more things to his already long Christmas wishlist.

I have to admit, I do feel like a failure at being a furbaby mom. I mean, what mom doesn't want the best for her little furbaby.

Are we giving our little darling a complex? I mean we make him walk instead of carrying him. We laugh at him when he has a bad hair day instead of combing out a nice wig for him to wear. He drinks plain old water instead of a nice relaxing 6 pack of beer. We let mother nature take care of his poop instead of freezing it, so that I can carry it around like a trophy.

I need to go give Koda a hug and let him know he wasn't born into a rich family, but we still love him and we hope he loves us enough to stay with his Po' Folks...

Hugs...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every time I think I've heard it all and people can't get more ridiculous, I hear about something like this. With so many people in this world going without food do we really need more "pampering prducts" for us or our pets? Don't get me wrong, it's your money to spend as you want and I don't think all pampering is bad. My concern is how far some people take it. If you are carrying poop around in your "poop carriers", maybe you need to think about helpig those less fortunate (or at the very least, seeking professional help). These are the ramblings of someone who has had too little caffine today so please don't take offence to anything I've written.

Danette Haworth said...

Brenda,
Poopcicles. What's next?

Brenda said...

My goodness sis...didn't mean to get you all worked up. I won't tell Koda that his Auntie thinks he's got enough...grin...

Danette...

I couldn't believe that when I read it. I guess a dog, a wig and a six pack can cause a toxic outcoming and freezing it is the only way to handle it safely...grin..

angelarene said...

My poor dog, Daisy, must think she's living in the ghetto. :)

Brenda said...

Angela...

We haven't told Koda how "not spoiled" he really is. We don't want to ruin his holidays...grin...