Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Grocery Game

In my last post I mentioned "The Grocery Game" and how I was interested in saving money with my grocery shopping...

I joined "GG" on the 27th of January (2 weeks ago today) and I thought I would share my experience...

After learning how the program worked, I went shopping and this how it went:

Week 1 - Spent $48.00 and saved $52.00. This is a 52% savings
Week 2 - Spent $50.00 and saved $52.00. This is a 51% savings

So in two short weeks, I saved $104.00. Now these totals do not include meats (I had done my meat shopping the week before starting the "game").

But they also d0n't include ALL the coupons that GG included in my list, since I had just started, I didn't have them all...so I think I did pretty good with only some of the items.

I can't wait to see how my savings increase each week...I might be able to make that extra house payment next month...grin...

I am really excited and after reading many, many posts on the GG site, I am sure this is a good start to saving some money...

I know, I sound like an ad for the site and I don't mean to...I just wanted to share my savings with you...I mean, aren't we all looking for ways to save? And sharing those ideas with friends and family makes it even better... Hugs...

4 comments:

Danette Haworth said...

Brenda,

That's incredible. Just wondering, does the figure you mentioned include cleansers, toiletries, paper goods (toilet paper, paper towels, foil, plastic wrap, etc.)?

Either way, I'm impressed! You may have a convert!

Brenda said...

Hi Danette...

I actually had just stocked up on groceries (meats, canned good, etc), before starting this, so most of these totals are for soap, toothpaste, paper towels, cleaners, etc...

I am stockpiling these items until I need to grocery shop again...in hopes that I can keep my totals down...grin...

I got 5 tubes of toothpaste for 37 cents each and another 5 tubes for free! Jeff thinks I'm crazy...but he loves to see those receipts!

angelarene said...

With teens in the house, I'm so gonna give this a try. Thanks!

Brenda said...

Angela...I have saved 50 to 67% on my groceries since starting 5 weeks ago...I don't spend as much time as I did with it because I've gotten more organized...and the best part (besides the savings) it doesn't take near as long to grocery shop as it use to. I know what I want and I don't look at anything else...more time to do things I like...