Saturday, March 29, 2008

Things have a way of working out...

I couldn't get over the incident that happened with my boss the other day. It kept playing over and over in my head. It was driving me nuts!

I was just surfing the net trying to get it off my mind, when I came across some information on our local community college...so I decided to check things out and see if there was something I was interested in so that maybe I could change jobs...and that's when I saw it. They are offering a children's writing course...

I'm taking this as a sign. I have a middle grade novel that I've been working on for...well, quite awhile now...and I've recently been told about a publisher who is looking for just this kind of book...so things feel like they are coming together for this book. I've been putting off finishing this book. I keep saying I'm going to, but then I go blank and never actually finish it...

So I'm going to take this writing class and see what happens. Once the class starts, I won't be around much, and I hope when it's over, I will have finally finished my novel...

Back to school I am going! Wonder if I can find my lucky PacMan t-shirt that I wore all the time when I was in high school...who am I kidding...that t-shirt would have to be worn as a glove now...giggle...Does anyone know where I can buy a little larger PacMan shirt?

Hugs...

4 comments:

Linda D. (sbk) said...

That sounds like fun! Have a great time in the course. I'm sure it will give you all the inspiration you need to finish your novel.

Good luck!

Brenda said...

I'm excited...I have been wanting to finish this story for soooo long, but I'm stuck and can't figure out where and how I want to end it...argh...so maybe this will help...it can't hurt...

Danette Haworth said...

Brenda,
Sometimes a little schooling is the kick in the pants you need! Good luck and have fun!

Brenda said...

Thanks Danette..Like they say, when one door closes, another opens and for me it felt like this was my door opening...I'm excited...