Sunday, April 6, 2008

Update on a few things...

First, I went to the Human Resource Department and made a complaint about my boss...and here's what the head of HR said to me...

HR Rep: "Well, what do you want me to do about all of this?"

ME: "I'm not sure. I felt the need to make the complaint and I thought it was your job to take it from there."

HR Rep: "I'll have to talk to a few people and I'll call you back tomorrow."

ME: "I won't be in the office tomorrow because I'm working at another office."

HR Rep: "Okay, I'll call you the next day."

ME: "Sounds good."

That was Tuesday and I haven't heard from anyone since then. I don't feel she took my concern anymore seriously then my boss did...so where does that leave me? With a bad taste in my mouth...

I will finish training the new manager at the property I have been helping out at and then I will be calling the HR Rep and the boss over my boss and I will be letting them know that I will no longer be available to help my boss out for anything. And if they aren't happy with that, then I will contact the Labor Board and my attorney and see what we can work out.

I will start and finish my online writing course and I will be sending stories out right and left to every publisher/magazine I can find and I will keep sending them out until someone finally says..."enough is enough...publish that girl so she will leave us alone"...grin...

I will hug my hubby, because he is my rock and I will be okay...somehow...things will work out...

Hugs...

2 comments:

Linda D. (sbk) said...

I'm glad you're not letting this thing with your boss go. Good for you for being strong. :D It's really tough when you have a legit complaint and no one will take it seriously.

Brenda said...

Thanks Linda...I've talked things over with an attorney and he said there was nothing I could do. Even though her behavior is horrible, it is not harassment...and it doesn't constitute a hostile work environment...sigh...he said I can keep putting up with it or find another job...so I'm looking for another job...I've been at this one for 13 years and I like the job but I can't work for a company that allows this kind of treatment...