Saturday, May 10, 2008

The value of information

I have recently come across some wonderful sites that are filled with some wonderful information...I'm listing 5 of the sites below...

Some you may know and some might be a new experience for you...either way I hope you enjoy (and learn) something from each...
  1. Shawguides (the Guide to Writers Conference & Workshops - you can search by state, type of workshop, etc. - http://writing.shawguides.com/
  2. (D.G. Jerz) Show, Don't (just) Tell - This site gives you lots of examples on showing not telling - http://jerz.setonhill.edu/writing/creative/showing.htm
  3. Word Play (Sites that feature fun with words) - I found this site interesting because it gives you a link for so many sites that have to do with words - http://www.wolinskyweb.net/word.htm
  4. The Shades Writer - This is the blog of author Rita Hubbard. She has a lot of helpful information (and organized like there's no tomorrow...grin) - http://theshadeswriter.wordpress.com/
  5. Writing For Children (Children's Writing Resources) - This site has a list of links, books, etc to help you in your journey to write for children - http://www.bethanyroberts.com/writerresources.htm

Now of course, I have my favorite sites to go to for help and support. Here are two of my favorite:

  1. Verla Kay's Website for Children's Writers & Illustrators - this site is the best! Check out the blue boards where you will find help, support, humor and other writers like you - http://www.verlakay.com/ - (click on forums & links and then message boards)
  2. Write4Kids - this site has a lot of information for writers - http://www.write4kids.com/index.html

I hope some (or all) of these sites get you excited about being a children's author...I know they help me. Hugs...Brenda

4 comments:

Linda D. (sbk) said...

Cool! Thanks! I'll be sure to check them out as soon as I've got a chance.

Brenda said...

Linda...I hope you find some information you can use on these sites...I have to set a timer on some of the sites to keep me from staying there all day long...grin...

angelarene said...

Great post Brenda! I'm gonna hop on the Workshop site right now!!

Brenda said...

Glad to help Angela...!