Saturday, June 21, 2008

I made it through the First Round Judging!

ME:

I am so excited! I just got an email from WOW that said I made it through the First Round Judging!!!

I know this doesn't mean that I have won, but I MADE IT THROUGH THE FIRST ROUND JUDGING!!!

MY INNER SELF:

Okay, calm down Brenda...you are getting yourself worked up over nothing. They didn't say you won, they only said your story is moving forward..

ME:

That's right...moving forward, past the First Round...!!!

MY INNER SELF:

Brenda...Stop acting like that annoying kid in the mall that sticks his tongue out at you. Save this excitement in case you get an email that says you won...

ME:

You're right...I need to calm down...deep breath in...deep breath out...deep breath...I made past the first round...in....deep breath...I made it past the first round....out...oh heck, I give up...I MADE IT PAST THE FIRST ROUND!!!

MY INNER SELF:

How do you know everybody didn't get an email that said the same thing...maybe everyone got past this first round...did ya ever think of that...


ME:

No, I didn't think of that...but I would like to believe that they only send that email out if you DID make it past the first round...and by the way...I MADE IT PAST THE FIRST ROUND JUDGING!!!

MY INNER SELF:

You're a lost cause...

ME:

Thank you...Can you imagine what I will be like if they actually say I won! I think I need to make a cake to celebrate...

MY INNER SELF:

If you make it a chocolate cake, I will let you jump around like a fool and you can keep saying "I made it past the First Round Judging!"

ME:

Deal...and I made it past the First Round Judging!!! grin..

Hugs...

5 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

CONGRATULATIONS.

Linda D. (sbk) said...

awesome! Congrats! That is definitely something to be proud of.

Brenda said...

Thanks Catherine and Linda...right after I posted this on my blog, I told my hubby and he said..."Hope you didn't just jinx yourself"...argh...I didn't even think about that and now I can't stop thinking about it...grin...

Danette Haworth said...

Congratulations! That's a great contest with an agent judging--excellent!

Brenda said...

Thanks Danette...the only thing that scares me if I win is putting my picture up for everyone to see...grin...