Monday, July 7, 2008

A Honking nose polyp

I have great admiration for doctors...they have to go to school for sooo long to practice whatever type of medicine they choose to go into. They work long hours and have to learn looooooong words that no one else can pronounce and/or spell.

So when my hubby was having trouble breathing and we were sent to several doctors to find out why, I listened to every word the doctor said and tried to follow along so I could be a supportive wife and do what I needed to do to help my dh...

Some words were easy to follow and some not so, but one word stuck out over all the others...

My hubby: "Any idea what's causing me to have trouble breathing?"

Doctor: "Well, you have a honking nose polyp."

And then the doc looks at me and says: "You want to see it?"

Before I knew it, I was standing up and my mouth was saying: "Sure!"

So there sat my hubby, with these medical instrument shoved up his nose and there I was looking up inside his nose at this honking nose polyp! Gross!!!

The doc pulls the instrument thingy out of my dh's nose and says: "I think we are going to have to get a CAT scan to see how big it really is before we schedule surgery."

My Hubby: "Can't I just blow it out or pick it out?" yuck!!!

Doctor: "No, that would mean you wouldn't need me, and I'm saving for vacation."

At this I laugh...I'm not sure if I'm laughing at my dh for wanting to pick his nose at his age or at the doctor for saving for his vacation...I think I was really laughing at the whole scene...

I mean...how can you not laugh at a professional doctor saying to your very serious hubby: "You have a honking nose polyp." and your 47 year old hubby thinking that he can pick his nose to get rid of it!

Hugs...

No comments: