Everyone in the post office probably thought I had gone crazy! I saw my return envelope and just knew it was another rejection letter...I almost didn't open it...but then I decided 'what the heck' a few more minutes in the post office meant I wasn't driving back to work yet...and then...WOW!!! There in the editor's own handwriting was a nice rejection letter...she liked it...she really liked it...and at this point, I'm grinning from ear to ear and giggling like a school girl in love...then I read....'unfortunately (this is now my least favorite word) it didn't fit their genre...'
Wait? "it didn't fit their genre"...This part caught me off guard...even in my excitement, I paused and read this over again. I did my research and then more research on which editors to send this story to, so this confused me...
How often do editors change their genre? How often are their websites updated?
Writing for children is an always changing career and we writers have to be able to see into the future, so I've ordered my crystal ball and it should be here in two weeks...hopefully, this will keep me on top of things...but until then, I will keep doing my research the old fashion way...
Have you hugged your personal rejection letter today? Hugs...
p.s. I survived the 80 person cookout...and so far, everyone survived me and the games we played...grin...I had several people ask me today when we were going to do it again...so I guess that is a good thing...I had fun...got sunburned and kissed my hubby for all the help he gave me during the cookout...he was my BINGO checker and the little old ladies on my property kept yelling Bingo so he would come over to check their card and they could flirt with him...he didn't get sunburn, but his face is as red as mine...grin...hugs...
4 comments:
It's mad how excited we get over a rejection letter just because it's personal - and the worst thing, friends and family think you're mad. I mean it's a no right. They just don't understand.
Good luck, good luck, good luck.
Cate
Your first personal is a great milestone. Congrats!
yay, Brenda! Congrats.
It really is a strange thing to get all excited about being rejected, but having a personal one just means so much! The Others will never understand that.
Thanks all...I knew other writers would understand...grin...
I have it framed right next to the first rejection form letter I got...it shows me how far I have come...grin...
Hugs...
Post a Comment