Friday, August 22, 2008

Fixing it Fridays

Since I have been doing budgets at work the past couple of weeks, headaches have come along quite often, so to celebrate the fact that I am finally done with my budgets I would like to share some things I did to get rid of those nasty headaches...


  1. If I can catch my headaches early on, I will sniff peppermint. I have peppermint cream that I dab under my nose so I can breath it in without people knowing it.
  2. If I am at home and know one is going to be close by, I will rub a small dab of Ben Gay into the areas that hurt (temples, forehead, back of your neck, etc)...this actually feels wonderful, but doesn't smell so hot
  3. I don't like coffee, but I have been told that if you have a headache you can drink a couple cups of coffee. The coffee reduces the swelling of the blood vessels that cause the headache
  4. I have a friend that suffers from Migraines and she has found that taking Ginger every day has help her not to have them as often...500 - 600-milligram capsules per day (she take 6 a day...two at each meal, but you may want to start out slow and work your way up...
  5. Drinking Ginger tea also helps. Slicing/chopping/grating fresh ginger and then steeping a teaspoon in a cup of boiling water for at least five minutes before drinking...

And the best cure for a headache...a long, long vacation...Hugs...

2 comments:

Rena Jones said...

Great tips, Brenda. I've been a headache sufferer for years. Spent years & years trying all sorts of treatments. Nothing helped. Oddly, when I moved from CA to MT, they lessened tremendously. Maybe it was the oak trees we had. Now I usually only get them if the winds pick up. Loved the cartoon you used. That's definitely ME!

Brenda said...

Thanks rena for stopping by...I also suffer from headaches quite often, and I didn't want to take a lot of pills to get rid of them, so I started looking into other ways to stop them...and that's how I came across some of these tips...hope they help!