I have a heavy foot when I drive...my hubby says it is more like a two ton boulder...But with the price of gas, I have found my foot going on a diet.
So, I set out in search for the right foot diet plan.
I started Driving More Efficiently...
I started doing some of these things a few months ago and I have saved on gas...I slowed down on the highway and I use my cruise control (which by doing so I now have a free foot to tap to the beat of the music on my radio).
I started Keeping My Car in Shape...
I purchased one of those air gauges so that I can keep track of my tire pressure and I make sure my air filters in my car are clean...
I started Planning My Trips...
I have started figuring out where I have to go and when and I combine trips as often as I can. If I know I have to go to the bank, then I wait until almost the end of the day and run to the post office at the same time. If I have an appointment and I'm going to be passing a grocery store, I make sure I have my grocery list with me so I can get the groceries on that trip instead of having to come back into town...
Not only will these things help you save money, but using less gas, means buying less gas and if we all took these step, we would be on the right track...
With just these few changes, my foot already feels lighter...I think this is one diet I can stick with...Hugs...
4 comments:
Nice job! I try to get in all I can, too, while I'm out. You've got some great tips here!
Hugs,
Donna
Thanks for coming by and reading my blog wordwrangler(Donna)...
I've only recently started trying to live a little greener and I love sharing the ideas I find...
A foot diet -- I really like the concept! Fortunately, I don't have to drive somewhere every day, so my gas consumption is really pretty minimal.
Now I should train myself to use the cruise. I've just never adjusted to it. I feel like I'm not in control of the car. How silly is that?
marcia...I use to be the same way about the cruise, but then one day I had a long, long trip and used it...now I can't drive without it...I just wish I could get my cruise to set at 25 mph, so I can make it through town without the town police feeling the need to follow me...grin...
Post a Comment