Monday, September 8, 2008

Start the Week with a Story Starter

Music can do so much for us...it can make us cry, it can make us laugh and best of all...it can make us remember...

Do you remember what your favorite song was as a child...as a teen? Play the song and dance around. Do you remember what it was like to sing into your hairbrush? Do you remember the clothes you wore back then? The hairstyles? Your friends? Your secret crushes? Favorite food?

Now play the song again and write down everything you remember from that time in your life...a favorite teacher, a boyfriend a school dance, your school mascot or school play...Don't think about it, just write down and keep writing until the song is over...and if the ideas keep coming, listen to the song again! and again! and again!

You may find you have a notebook full of memories that are ready to share with others in your stories...

Hugs...

5 comments:

Rena Jones said...

Great idea, Brenda! I grew up listening to a lot of the music my mom listened to, like Elvis. Two of my favorite songs when I was really little were "Tiny Bubbles" by Don Ho and "How Much Is That Doggy In The Window". When I was a teen, it was all about The Who and no one else. LOL!

Carrie Harris said...

Sad but true, I grew up singing into the top to my canopy bed... and the song of choice was New Kids on the Block.

I'll go hang my head in shame now.

Brenda said...

rena...I love both of those songs and Elvis...there will be no other like him...I grew up with my dad's favorite...Conway Twitty...I was so popular...grin...

carrie...we are not held responsible for what we thought were good ideas/music/boyfriends, etc. when we were teenagers...If we would be, then I would still be married to my first husband and still listening to New Edition and/or Debbie Gibson...I'm right beside you hanging my head in shame...grin...

C.R. Evers said...

ohhhhhhh! Another fun one! You have the BEST idea's!

Now to go get my hairbrush and turn on my radio. Can it be an ipod? or is that cheating? I'm a child of the 80's. I can't find my walkman. :0)

Christy

Brenda said...

It's not cheating if it works...grin...it's like chocolate...if no one sees you eat, then you haven't broken your diet...grin...