I get dandruff this time of the year...I don't know what it is about this time of the year, but my scalp gets itchy and I don't want to even talk about the flakes...sigh...
So, this is Fixing it Fridays subject...Dandruff...
- Yogurt - To treat dandruff and soothe an itchy scalp, apply a thick coat of Yogurt to your hair and wrap in a towel. Let set for twenty minutes, then rinse clean.
- White Vinegar - Rinsing your hair with White Vinegar kills bacteria, helps treat dandruff and soothes the scalp.
- Listerine - wash your hair with your regular shampoo, then rinse with Listerine. The label on the back of the bottle used to advertise that this antiseptic mouthwash also cures dandruff when applied to hair.
- Salt - Dissolve three Tablespoons salt in one cup warm water. Wet your hair with the salt water, massage gently into your scalp, then shampoo as usual. Salt helps reduce dandruff and kill any bacteria in your hair that might be causing your dry scalp.
- ReaLemon - Massage 2 tablespoons ReaLemon lemon juice into your scalp, rinse with water, then rinse your hair with one teaspoon ReaLemon stirred into one cup water. Repeat this treatment daily until dandruff disappears. The side benefit? Your hair will smell lemon fresh... (be careful...if you color your hair, this treatment might make your hair green)
- Olive Oil - Warm some Olive Oil in the microwave oven, massage into the scalp, and let sit for twenty minutes. Then brush with a hard-bristle hairbrush to loosen dandruff scales. Repeat twice a week. The olive oil moisturizes the dry scalp...
8 comments:
Great tips Brenda!
When I was a teen, I learned that mayo would help soothe a dry scalp and make your hair look great. Er... do NOT try this. I had great hair, but I walked around smelling like a salad for weeks.
I'm printing this out for my, I have to whisper this too...husband.
I used to use baby oil when my infant had cradle cap, then brush out the dead skin with a fine toothed comb...(that smelled better than the olive oil, but the olive oil is natural so it's a toss up!)
I had the same mayo experience that Carrie did! I've tried the olive oil too - great for dry hair. The Listerine sounds pretty invigorating...a minty fresh scalp?
I've used the mayo tip also...that is one reason I didn't put it on this post...grin...
I've tried the vinegar...it seems to work, but every now and again, I smell vinegar...
I had an aunt who mixed an egg with a beer and washed her hair in that...I just can't bring myself to waste the beer...grin...
Love the tips. Another great idea is to not wash your hair every day. I try to go every other day. Truly NATURAL oils.
:)
Interesting tips. Here's something weird for you -- I don't normally get dandruff but like using Head & Shoulders a few times a week just because it makes my scalp feel tingly. I'm weird, I know, don't say it.
kim...I've heard that tip also, but I need my shower to wake me up, so I haven't been able to practice this one...grin..
rena...I actually have a friend who does the same thing...that is weird...grin...
Post a Comment