Thursday, November 27, 2008

Hazel's Crockpot Thursdays

First, Hazel and I want to wish each and every one of you a Happy Thanksgiving! Our wish for you and your family is that you build lots of memories, eat lots of food and have lots and lots of laughs and love...Hugs!


Crockpot Cola Ham

1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp dry mustard
1/4 cup cola
3-4 lb pre-cooked ham

Combine brown sugar, mustard and moisten with cola to make a smooth paste. Reserve remaining cola. Score ham with shallow slashes in a diamond pattern. Rub ham with mixture. Place ham in crockpot and add remaining cola. Cover & cook on high for 1 hour and then turn to low & cook for 6-7 hours (If I'm going to be gone 9-10 hours, I put it on low and keep there all day)...

Serves 9-12

Hazel's Crockpot tip: For best flavor and texture, ground beef or ground turkey should usually be browned on top of the stove before adding to the slow cooker. With few exceptions, it's not necessary to brown other meats.

6 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, Brenda :)

Rena Jones said...

Sounds good. I've never made this before. I have cooked roast beef with cola and root beer though and that always turns out good. I'll have to try this one. Thanks Hazel!

Happy Thanksgiving, Brenda!

Kimbra Kasch said...

Happy Ham Day sounds even better than Happy Turkey Day!

Hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday!

Carrie Harris said...

This sounds a lot like a recipe my mom used to make. I'll definitely try it!

Nora MacFarlane said...

Oooo - I have to try this!

Brenda said...

Thanks all...hope you enjoy the recipe and hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving day!!!