Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hazel's Crockpot Thursdays

Over the weekend Hazel made a roast that we have labeled the "To Die For Roast"...Now, when you read the ingredients, you may think these things don't go together (or at least that is what I said, but then I don't cook, so what do I know...grin)...Anyway, trust me...not only do these ingredients make this the best roast, but they make the best, easiest roast...Yummy!!!



To Die For Roast



1 beef roast

1 envelope brown gravy powdered mix (store brand is fine)

1 envelope Hidden Valley Ranch powdered mix

1 envelope Italian dressing powdered mix

1/2 cup water



Pour water in crock. Place roast in crock. Mix the powdered mixes together and sprinkle all of the powder over the roast. Cook on low for 6 - 7 hours. The steam will make the powder wet and it will soak into the roast. I did turn my roast over in the crock for the last hour, but that is just something I've always done.





Cheese Potatoes in the crockpot



2 pounds package frozen hash browns

10 3/4 oz can cream of potato soup

10 3/4 oz can cream of mushroom soup

8 oz (2 cups) shredded cheddar cheese

1 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1 pint sour cream



Mix first 5 ingredients together in the crockpot. Cover and cook on Low for 7 hours. During the last 30 minutes of cooking you will mix in the sour cream.

12 comments:

Kate said...

Those cheese potatoes sound yummeeeee! But oh, so fattening.

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimbra Kasch said...

Your recipes always sound so yummy - especially late at night when I'm trying to diet - I guess I'm not trying hard enough.

Christina Farley said...

Oh all this sounds so good. We can't get pot roast or packaged potatoes here. Bummer!

But if you have any other recipes in the crock pot I'd love to see those. I love crock pot stuff. Gives me more time to write!

Adrienne said...

That sounds great...I'm planning to do a crock pot roast this week. I liked your cola recipe though, so now I have to decide!

Kelly Polark said...

Oh, man! Now that sounds like the perfect, hearty meal for a cold, winter day! YUM!

C.R. Evers said...

mmmmmmm . . . This may possibly look like the yummiest one yet . . . however, I may have gained a lb, just by reading it. But it looks worth it! :0)

Christy

Rena Jones said...

I'll have to thaw out my one last roast in the freezer and give this one a try. I'm pretty sure I have all the ingredients already too.

Thanks Hazel -- :)

Bish Denham said...

Another yummy recipe!

Brenda said...

Hazel will be so excited to know you guys think these recipes sound good, but fattening...she likes to fatten us up and now she's out to fatten everyone else up...

Just so you know...this taste just as good with low fat things...grin...

Nora MacFarlane said...

Tell Hazel I have one her recipes in the crock pot right now!

Brenda said...

Nora...Hazel would love to know what you think...and she's a tough old goat, so she can take the truth...grin...