They say things happen in threes, so I'm hoping my 3's are done and over so life can go back to normal...First, Son was in a car accident...nothing serious and no one hurt, but still scary...Second, tree falls on house...still no real serious damage and no one hurt...and now my F-I-L is in the hospital...somewhat serious but right now things are looking good and we hope he will be able to come home Sunday...
So with all that...poor Hazel was put on the back burner (or rather...slow cooker) until today...so there will be two recipes today and I'm not going to leave this computer until I have at least 4 weeks worth of recipes set for auto-post...grin...enjoy!
CROCKPOT HAM AND POTATOES
5 or 6 potatoes, sliced thin
1 to 2 cups ham, cubed
1 medium onion, sliced
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Layer one half of the potatoes, ham, and onions in crockpot. Season with salt and pepper then half of the cheese. Add remaining potatoes, ham, onions and cheese. Spread undiluted soup evenly over top so air doesn't reach the potatoes. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and cook on Low for 8 hours.
Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers
6 large Green Bell Peppers -- tall shapes
1 pound Ground Beef, extra lean
1 cup Rice -- uncooked
1 large Onion -- chopped
1 large Carrot -- shredded
1 teaspoon Beef Bouillon granules
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Pepper
1 can Condensed Tomato Soup
1 can Water
Cut the top off and remove seeds from green peppers.
Wash and set aside. Combine ground beef, uncooked
rice, onion, carrot, bouillon, salt and pepper in a large
mixing bowl. Any other seasonings that you like may also
be used: oregano, parsley, garlic powder, etc. Stuff each
pepper about 2/3 full (rice will need room to swell up).
Stand the peppers side-by-side in the slow cooker.
In a small mixing bowl, combine tomato soup and water,
and pour mixture over the peppers.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
To freeze for later use, place stuffed peppers & sauce into
a container the same size or slightly smaller than your crockpot
(such as a plastic ice cream bucket) and freeze. Remove from
container and tightly wrap in foil, then label. Freeze up to 6
months. To use, place frozen mixture inside crock and thaw
over night in refrigerator (this is easier if crock is removable,
but can be done in whole unit if needed). Six hours before you
need to serve your meal, place crock back into crockpot base,
and set heat to low, then cook for six hours. DO NOT cook
unthawed mixture in crockpot, as the extreme difference in
temperatures may crack your crockery.
6 comments:
Oh my...Hope your FIL is doing better, that your son has learned something and that no more trees fall any where near you.
Thanks for finding the time to post these wonderful recipes!
Wow, Brenda, I hope you are truly done with the bad stuff! Glad everyone is okay.
I am going to try this ham and potatoes one! Mmmmmm!
Gosh! and (((((hugs)))))
as usual, the recipe's look yummy! The ham and potatoes one reminds me of my grandpa's house.
Christy
Mmmm, sounds good. I'm hungry.
I hope your FIL can come home soon, Brenda and that there aren't anymore incidents.
Got my fingers X'd that your luck has turned.
I used my crockpot 2nite to make a potroast-yummy.
Thanks Ladies...My F-I-L actually came home from the hospital last evening and is doing fine. My M-I-L is probably driving him nuts and sticking to him like glue to make sure he doesn't do anything he is not suppose to do...grin..
Post a Comment