I had some of the strangest dreams last night...not just one, but several. Or at least I guess you would call it multiple dreams...I never woke up between the dreams, but every time I would open a door or turn a corner, I would be in a different dream, so I'm counting that as multiple dreaming...
The strange thing is I knew the people I was dreaming about, but they were totally out of their element (or at least the element that I know them in)...ALL of them were people that I know from work...the plumber, the landscaper, etc., BUT they weren't doing their jobs...???
The plumber was playing the piano and he was good...but my plumber looks more like he would be in Hank Williams Jr's band and not all cleaned up and playing a piano! The maintenance man and I were having dinner at a very fancy restaurant and he knew which fork to use, etc. (if you knew my maintenance man you would know this ain't happening)...My landscaper was a movie star...he is the most laid back, non-attention getting kinda guy you could meet...I mean he is cute, but he wants to live on an island where he never has to where shoes again when he retires...!!!
And then there was me...I was in the dream, but it was also like I was watching everything...I know it was me, because I sounded like me, I walked like me, I laughed like me...but I didn't look like me...and that is the one thing about the dream that I really can't remember...what I did look like? Maybe I need to get a hair cut or something and this is my dreams way of telling me...grin...
I know when I'm stressed, I always dream the exact same dream and have every since I was in my early teens...I'm in an old house being chased by stone figures and every time I get away from these stone figures, I end up being chased by stone monkeys...so unless my 'stress' dream has changed after all these years, I don't the first dream is stress related...
So what do our dreams mean? Are they just ways for our brains to play when we are sleeping or are they ways for our brains to tell us what we don't want to hear???
And I'm open to interpretation of my dreams if any of you know what they mean...or if you have a website or book that can explain them to me...Hugs..and happy dreams!
7 comments:
I always have weird dreams too. Wish I knew what they meant, or what yours meant. Guess we'll just have to go on using our imaginations when we're sleeping - we might come up with a bestselling book idea ;)
Those are some weird dreams, Brenda! When I was in jr. high, I did a dream analysis for a month for a project...
I've had the flu and have been in bed almost the whole week so I've had my share of weird dreams this week! When my son woke me up this morning, I told him I was just bitten by a polar bear!
That's a cool dream! I've had some like that where it seems like you are stuck in some crazy movie. I've never looked into analyzing them, and I'm always sure I'm going to remember the good ones, but I forget them right away.
Chased by stone monkeys is rough!
I have vivid dreams too. Last week I had the most fabulous able-to-fly dream. I am still wistful about it.
I love having vivid dreams. I feel like I've had a good sleep when I've had good dreams.
Sometimes if you write your dreams down over a period of time, you start to see recurring themes and then you might understand them.
Do you really see yourself in dreams? I don't think I've ever done that. I'm just looking on, as I do in real life.
Goodness! I always have the same stressed dream. I've had it since I was in my teens. I'm running for all I'm worth across the fields of my Papaw's Kentucky farm - past the barn, over the barbed-wire fence, down the gravel drive... all the while I'm being chased by a bulldozer. It always ends with me hiding under the front porch watching the blade of the bulldozer coming my way, and I always wake up just before it demolishes the house.
Man, those are weird dreams. Especially being chased by stone figures! I always like to channel my good dreams into my writing. And even some of my scary ones too. But I always hate a really bad dream. I usually can't go back to sleep.
Post a Comment