Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hazel's Crockpot Thursday

Hazel and I were talking and I told her that as much as I love her "meals" in the crockpot, I would like to see some desserts also...So today, Hazel decided to finally listen to me and do a couple of dessert recipes...Enjoy!

CROCKPOT STREUSEL POUND CAKE

1 pkg. pound cake mix (16 oz.) size
1/4 c. packed brown sugar
1 tbsp. flour
1/4 c. finely chopped nuts
1 tsp. cinnamon

Mix cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter into well greased
and floured 2 pound coffee tin. Combine sugar, flour, nuts and cinnamon and
sprinkle over cake batter. Place can in crockpot. Cover top of can with 8
layers of paper towels. Cover pot and bake on high 3 to 4 hours.


Chocolate Peanut Clusters (yes, you can even make candy in your crockpot...)

Ingredients:

2 pounds white almond bark
4 ounces German or Ghiradelli Bittersweet Chocolate
12 ounce package semi-sweet chocolate chips
24 ounce jar dry roasted peanuts

Directions:

Put all ingredients in crockpot and cook one hour on high. Do NOT stir. Turn crockpot to low and stir every 15 minutes for one hour. Drop on wax paper and cool until firm.

Makes 3 dozen



7 comments:

Rena Jones said...

Mmmm -- I love making desserts in my crock-pot. I might have to give these a try. Thanks!

Bish Denham said...

Oh boy! Sound yummy!

C.R. Evers said...

You know, I didn't even kow that desserts could be made in a crockpot. Sounds delish!

Christy

Adrienne said...

Those sound great! So glad Hazel's communicating from the great beyond... :)

Kelly Polark said...

Yum!

Tonya said...

I have never made a dessert in my crock pot. I think it is time!!

Brenda said...

desserts in the crockpot are delish! I'm going to have to find more of them for you guys...enjoy!