Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tuesday's green living tips

Turn Your Lights off for Earth Hour 2009 - Have you heard about?

The idea began in Sydney in 2007, and the rest of the world noticed after 2.2 million of the city's residents took part. In 2008, it went global with 50 million participants!

So what is it, you ask?

Well on March 29th, 2009 at 8:30 p.m. we are being challenged to turn off our lights for an hour. Show Earth that you believe in her and that you see clearly...even in the dark...

Big companies participated and plan to participate again this year. Right now there are over 1000 cities and towns signed up to participate in Earth Hour 2009.

If you live in the US and you want to learn more and to sign up, go to: Earth Hour Us

Come together to show your support for Mother Earth...Go dark, so we have light for many more years to come...

6 comments:

Kimbra Kasch said...

That's an easy one to do - all I have to do is take a little nap.

Kelly Polark said...

I'm going to mark that on my calendar! Thanks, Brenda!

Christina Farley said...

What a cool idea! I wonder if Korea does it too? I'll try to out.

Bish Denham said...

I heard about this last year. I'm going to mark my calander this year. I think it's a neato idea.

Adrienne said...

I like this idea! Thanks for the heads up.

Brenda said...

Kim...a nap sounds nice, I just might do the same...grin...

Kelly...you're welcome...

Christina...I don't know about Korea, but I hope they do...

Bish...I like the idea also...so simple and yet so helpful all in one...

adrienne...you're welcome