Nora over at Lemons for Lemonade has tagged me for some questions for writers, so here goes...
1. What’s the last thing you wrote? What’s the first thing you wrote that you still have? The last thing I wrote was my MIA blog post on this blog and the first thing I wrote and still have is a children's story about a boy and his tennis shoes...grin...
2. Write poetry? Yes, some...
3. Angsty poetry? a few things...nothing I would show anyone...grin...
4. Favorite genre of writing? MG and Early Readers!!!
5. Most annoying character you’ve ever created? The tennis shoes in the story about the boy and his tennis shoes...
6. Best plot you’ve ever created? My MG novel that I haven't completed, but am excited about working on again...
7. Coolest plot twist you’ve ever created? the one I'm working on now...my MG novel...
8. How often do you get writer’s block? I've had one for about 7 months now...does that count? sigh...
9. Write fan fiction? no...not sure I know what that is actually...
10. Do you type or write by hand? Type! I'm an old south paw (lefty) so I can barely read my signature, much less be able to read my thoughts on fast forward...grin...
11. Do you save everything you write? Yes, because you never know how it might work out later in life...
12. Do you ever go back to an idea after you’ve abandoned it? I have many a times...for better or for worse...grin...
13. What’s your favorite thing you’ve ever written? My MG novel that I'm working on
14. What’s everyone else’s favorite story you’ve written? Everyone that has read what I have of my MG novel has really liked it...
15. Ever written romance or angsty teen drama? No, not my thing...
16. What’s your favorite setting for your characters? I enjoy writing about what I think life was or might have been years ago in Virginia...since that is where I'm from and what I know...
17. How many writing projects are you working on right now? One...I'm easing myself in to it...
18. Have you ever won award for your writing? Kinda, an honorable mention in a contest...does that count?
19. What are your five favorite words? Chocolate, Mozzarella, Freckles, WoozieWoo (don't ask) and Charisma
20. What character have you created that is most like yourself? My MC of my MG novel...I didn't plan it, but everyone that has read it says that sounds like me when I was younger...grin...
21. Where do you get your ideas for your characters? I think for my picture books and early readers, I remember my son at those ages
22. Do you ever write based on your dreams? I don't usually remember my dreams and the ones I do remember wouldn't make good children's books...they are too weird...
23. Do you favor happy endings? yes, it makes the world seem like a better place...
24. Are you concerned with spelling and grammar as you write? No, if I did that I would never get anything written...there are times when my pages have nothing but red and green lines all through them...grin...
25. Does music help you write? Yes, I have to have music playing to write...
26. Quote something you’ve written. Whatever pops in your head. "I know Grandpa is watching me from Heaven. I also know he's hugging me every time a breeze wraps itself around me."
Okay, I know I'm suppose to tag someone now, but I've MIA for so long, that I think I had better hold off on tagging people until I get back into the swing of things...
Boy, how I've missed these "Tag! Your it!" Memes...Thanks, Nora for getting me right back in the games...grin...
3 comments:
Glad you're back! Love #26!
I'm glad you're back too. Love your quote!
Good for you getting back to it, Brenda!!
Post a Comment