I have been without power (yes I mean electricity) since 11:30 p.m. Friday night! It finally came back on around 9:45 a.m. this (Sunday) morning...Luckily, we have a wood stove, so we were able to stay semi-warm. We kept the heat as low as possible hoping the freezers would keep our food frozen until the electric came back on...they did, thankfully, but we did end up putting everything from the refrigerator on the back porch so that it would stay cold...
It was a very quiet Saturday that allowed me time to catch up on some reading. No t.v., no internet, no cooking, no laundry, no dishes, no noise...
So now the electric is on and I've been waiting for the refrigerator to get cool enough to put everything back. The water to get hot enough so I can take a shower and the snow to get plowed enough so we can get off the mountain.
I admit, the snow is beautiful and all...grin...
Saturday late afternoon...
Sunday Morning:
The blue sky this afternoon...
So I have electricity, now I have to do the laundry, do the dishes and figure out what's for dinner...Oh what a difference a day makes...
6 comments:
OMG: I'm so sorry. It's hard to go without electricity.
The pictures are gorgeous!
It would be hard to go a day without electricity, but it would be peaceful!
beautiful pictures! I'm glad you have your electricity back. It is weird to realize how much we rely on it, isn't it?
two days after this storm and I'm sitting here watching it snow again...sigh...they say 10-15 inches more with this storm...argh...
Sounds like you sure had a rough time. Sorry! But the pictures are fabulous. We might get snow tomorrow here in Seoul. We'll see.
I'm glad you've got electricity again. The pictures are beautiful! You can keep your snow, but can I have the blue sky? We've got nothing but gray, gray, gray.
Post a Comment