Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hormones...

I've recently being feeling, well kinda blah...Okay, so it's been a little longer than recently...for quite awhile I've not had any energy, my brain has been fuzzy and I can't keep my concentration...I've always thought my hormones were out-of-whack, but could never get my doctor to test them...so I decided a few months back to change doctors.

A friend of mine had seen a doctor that specialized in Bioidentical Hormones and she was starting to feel wonderful, so I decided to try it.

The first thing this new doctor said to me was..."Have you ever had your hormones tested?"...when I said no, she said that was what we would start with. FINALLY I had my hormones tested and got the results last week...needless to say...my hormones are totally out-of-whack!

I'm hopeful that these new hormones will help straighten me out and give me back my energy...and clear thoughts...and make me feel normal again...because I gotta tell ya...I've been feeling pretty NOT normal...

Have you ever heard of Bioidentical Hormones? Have you ever tried them? Have they worked for you?

I'll keep you up-to-date...

7 comments:

Kelly Polark said...

I have never heard of that before, but I'm so glad you got a second opinion. I hope you start feeling yourself again!

Kimbra Kasch said...

Never heard of that but it sounds very interesting - especially as I get older ;)

Rena Jones said...

Never heard that either, but I'm going to check the link. I'm on thyroid meds, but to be honest, I don't feel any different. They said I'd have more energy and might lose weight. HA! I hope it works for you, Brenda!

Bish Denham said...

I have heard of them, and used them. Had terrible hot flashes. I took them for about a year and got settled down. I hope they work for you!

Adrienne said...

Hi Brenda! I clicked over here by accident - I meant to see what's cooking in Hazel's kitchen these days - and I was happy to see you started up your old blog again. Obviously I have a lot to catch up on...

I've never heard of these hormone treatments, but I hope they do the trick for you!

Nora MacFarlane said...

I've never heard of them either, but I hope they work wonders!

Kate said...

Haven't seen you for a while Brenda. Hope everything's okay.