Monday, March 1, 2010

Things...

This is a post about...Things! The good the bad the ugly...Things!

  1. The Good - I figured out how to download ringers to my cell phone. Myxer.com has a lot of ringtones that you can download to your phone. So what ringtones do I have? The main ring will be "Smile" from Uncle Kracker (I love this song), When Hubs calls me I have Eric Clapton's Wonderful Tonight (this is the first song we ever danced to on the night we met)...my in-laws song is Green Acre's theme song (because they have a farm)...my parent's song is The theme from All In The Family t.v. show (because that is so my parents)...The song that plays when my Sis calls is the I Love Lucy theme (because when she and I are together we are like Lucy and Ethel)...and when my son calls, I will hear Stewie from The Family Guy say: Mom Mom Mom If I have my way, I will have a different song for everyone in my phone book...So what do the ringtones you use on your phone say about you? Wonder what these songs say about me? I think it means I watch too much t.v...grin...
  2. The Bad - I twisted my back milking cows yesterday morning (trying to get away from a pooping cow) and wouldn't you know it...I have had to do one thing after the other today that didn't give my back the rest it needs. I sitting here with a hot pad on my back and it feels great, but then I move and it hurts again...When I first hurt my back years ago, the doc told me that I would probably always have problems with it and he was right...every little twist or turn seems to snap my back out-of-whack...I've heard some people say to rest your back and others say you have to keep moving to work the 'kinks' out of it...I know that it hurts to move, and feels better when I'm still...
  3. The Ugly - I don't know why I do this, but I watch that dumb show The Bachelor/Bachelorette and I always get so mad when they don't choose the girl/guy I think would be the better choice. I mean it ain't me who has to be married to them...and I always say...if he/she picks her/him, I'm never watching this show again...and then I end up watching it! And yes, I just found out that Ali (the one girl I thought would be great for Jake the Bachelor) is coming back as the Bachelorette, so I WILL be watching it again...sigh...Does this make me a hopeless romantic or just hopeless?
Not sure which one this falls in...but Facebook is addicting...okay, maybe not FB itself, but the games, applications, etc, etc. I need to stay off of FB! But I can't! I'm addicted...I mean, heck, I haven't posted any recipes on Hazel in weeks and/or the first post I come up with on Brenda's Page is about...well...nothing!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day/evening! Hugs!

p.s. I did finish my MG novel and now I have to go back and edit, etc. and then the fun starts...finding someone to read it and publish it...yikes!

7 comments:

Kelly Polark said...

Yay you did finish your MG! That should be under Great!
I love your ring tone choices! I bought some long ago, should update them. When someone from home calls, it's Motley Crue's Home Sweet Home. I also have Guns n Roses Sweet child of mine intro for when my kids get phones (which is silly because they won't be getting a phone for years, but I like the guitar on it)! My general one is an Avenged Sevenfold song.
I hope your back feels better soon, Brenda!

Bish Denham said...

I've been wondering where you were....Congrats on finishing your MG!!!!!!

Rena Jones said...

Congrats on your MG novel and good luck with the revisions. I'm doing the same thing right now. I hope your back is getting better. I have back problems too and they stink.

Marcia said...

That's great about the book. LOL about the ringtones. I chose the "prettiest" one on my phone (I don't have 'em personalized) but I used to use one my son recorded saying, "Mom, the phone's ringing... Mom? Mom, the phones ringing. Mom, pick up the phone. PICK UP THE PHONE!" It was hilarious, but I needed something calmer after a while. :)

sruble said...

I hope your back feels better soon! Sending healing thoughts your way. Congratulations on finishing your MG novel!!!!

Christina Farley said...

WOW! You finished your MG! That is super awesome.

I too get addicted to the Bachelor shows but then get all annoyed when they break up. I just love happy endings!

Nora MacFarlane said...

Yeah! You finished your novel! Sorry to hear about your back.