This weekend, Hubs, Koda and I went on a little mini-vacation, with Saturday being our day trip. We traveled by car, all over the mountains of West Virginia and some areas of Virginia before heading back home...
One of our stops was in Hightown where we drove by Jacob Hevener's Dividing Waters Farm. This farm has a barn that is quite special...when it rains the water that runs off the south side of the barn runs into the James River and the water running off the north side flows into the Potomac River. The farm has been around since the 1790's and the barn has been around since 1906...Of course, Hubs didn't tell me this until after we had driven off, so I don't have a picture of it, but if you click on the link above, you can see a picture that we found on the web...
We also went through Possum Trot, Virginia...needless to say, this is a very, very small area in Highland County, Virginia...I don't even think it is big enough to be considered a town...Hubs calls it a wide spot in the road...I love the name of it, and was hoping we could find a sign to post, but even as small as it was, we couldn't find a sign...
We also went through Smoke Hole West, Virginia which is where we found this wonderful treat...
A Camouflage Outhouse
But it wasn't all strange...We did see some wonderful sights...
Hubs and I had a lot of alone time that we haven't had in awhile, so that was very nice...we laughed so much and the where we were, there was no cell phone service, so it was very, very quiet and we really needed that...Hugs...
5 comments:
Beautiful pictures, Brenda! I love the camo outhouse. That would fit in just fine here. Those day trips are a lot of fun. I hope you can get out on some more.
Very picturesque.
Did you use the camo outhouse? ;)
I liked your pictures of Koda on fb recently too. What a cute little furball!
I made Hubs back up so I could get the pic of the Camo outhouse...I wanted Hubs to get in it and pretend to be 'using' it...but he wouldn't...grin...and there was NO way I was going to do it! grin...
Wow! All that green. Beautiful! I love the camouflage, too.
I love day trips too! That's one reason I love living in NC. So many cool places to go.
Your pictures are awesome!!!!!
Post a Comment