Friday, November 5, 2010

All Day Silent Retreat...HELP ME!!!

Okay, part of the stress reduction class is to have an all day Silent Retreat...and that's tomorrow....YIKES!!!

I feel I need to share a little story with you...

When I was 12, my aunt bet me $10.00 that I couldn't stay quiet for 2 hours...well, I stayed quiet and won the bet...but...when I went to my aunt I said, "I won the bet, where's my money?"...and my nose started bleeding...so for years...my family picked on me about the pressure that built up from me not talking...causing my nose to bleed....sigh...

Now, I am suppose to be quiet for 8 hours during an All Day Silent Retreat!!!! What am I going to do...besides bring a lot of tissues...I can't bring my phone to text or call anyone for 8 HOURS!!!

For those of you who know me...grew up with me...met me...you will be laughing right now...and I know that...but I forgive you...because I may have to call you when the All Day Silent Retreat is over with, so I can talk to you...Hubs says he is cutting his phone off because he will be hunting and he doesn't want me bothering him...I picture myself talking to myself all the way home...with 12 tissues shoved up each nostril...and twitching...I know I will be twitching...

I HAVE TO STAY QUIET FOR 8 HOURS!!!! Help me!!!!

I don't think I've been a student of stress reduction long enough to survive an all day silent retreat....I don't think I have enough meds to keep me calm...I don't I have enough chocolate to keep me from freaking out....

Do you hear me people? I HAVE TO STAY QUIET FOR 8 HOURS!!!! That's like all day...that's like a lot of hours....That's like...YIKES!!! It's been nice knowing you all...I'm never going to survive this...must take a deep breath...must concentrate on something else...must eat chocolate...Must talk Hub's ear off tonight...

Hugs to all my friends...Please have lots and lots of conversations for me tomorrow...Hugs...I love you all...Hugs...sniff...sniff...I'm scared...

I HAVE TO STAY QUIET FOR 8 HOURS!!! Sigh...

2 comments:

Kelly Polark said...

Now that is a challenge!
Enjoy your peaceful (and hopefully nosebleed free) day!

Bish Denham said...

I did one of those in high school! It was a wonderful experience. You can do it Brenda! Remember to breathe and to take time to REALLY look at things.