Picture this!
Me...Koda...enjoying our morning, listening to music, making breakfast when all-of-a-sudden - out of nowhere - came this bird in the house!
The thing flew around and he and Koda kinda ran into each other (Koda likes to sleep on the top of the couch, so he can look out the window - like a cat does - and he has this little dip between the back cushions that he squeezes into - so when he heard me scream, he raised up and about the same time the bird was going for the window to escape and they crashed into each other...Koda was fine just a little nervous and the bird was a little dazed, but didn't take long to get back to flying all over the house)
Every movement I made the bird came towards me (and I'm not good in situations like this...I don't like snakes (this will prove it) - and I don't like birds flying around in my house!
The bird ended up knocking me on my behind, so I'm crawling around on the floor, trying to keep my head down and keep an eye on the bird and Koda...
Then I remember that Hubs just had this same thing happen in the basement and he was telling me about it the other day, so what did he say? Something about the lights...Oh yeah! Turn them off...So I crawl over to the light switch and flip the lights off in the kitchen...I crawl to the living room and flip those lights off...I grab up Koda and toss him into our bedroom and shut the door to keep him safe...then I listen...nothing...I listen some more...still nothing...then I hear it, the bird is flying into the window trying to get out..."trust me little birdy, I want you gone as much as you want to be gone" I tell it...so I crawl over to the front door and open it. Then I crawl back to the kitchen and grab up the trash can (don't worry, I'm not trying to catch the darn thing, I was using it as a shield)...I crawl over to the light switch and I turn the lights on in the living room...he flies out of the curtains and right out the door...I grab up my rubbermaid shield and ran to the door...shutting it and locking it...then I go get Koda to make sure he is okay...
He is looking at me like, "WTF" just happened...and I just slide down the wall to catch my breath...shield still in my hand...
It took us awhile, but we are okay. Koda is watching out the window as I type this and he's growling like a brave little dog at the birds in the yard. When I asked him if he wanted out so he could chase them, he gave me that WTF look again and then turned his back on me and plopped back down...I feel so safe...grin...
What a morning! I think I need to buy more chocolate, I emptied out my stash earlier... ;)
10 comments:
Good trick turning off the lights. It does help to open doors and windows too! Do you know what kind of bird it was?
ROFL & P!!!! (& P=peeing) I am imagining all this and as traumatic as it was for you....and I am sorry for that...what a hysterical story. Way too funny! Thanks for sharing.
Ah, Big Brave Brenda! So glad you managed to get that fiendish, flying feathered thing out of your castle in the end. :)
(Poor little birdie!)
Maybe you could get the bird to take care of the snakes. Swooping and diving down at the slithering snakes - might keep them all busy.
Just an idea.
That's a funny, crazy morning!
I can't believe the bird crashed into you both! It must have been so frantic! Glad you got the bird out into nature again!
Bish...I'm not sure what kind of bird, I think Hubs said some kind of finch? I was too busy ducking to ask him...grin..
Tonya...I feel the love...grin...I can laugh about it today, but Koda and I were a little jumpy yesterday...
Kate...Amazing how brave I can be with a trash can over my head...grin...
Kim...as long as the birds take care of those snakes outside the house... ;)
Kelly...I can't remember a funnier or crazier morning that Koda and I have had before...grin...
That was an eventful morning! Glad your plan worked. It's hilarious that the dog wanted nothing to do with going outside after that!
LOL! What an adventure! :0)
Oh wow -- sounds like my house except the wildlife is all outside. What an ordeal! I'm glad you got through it okay. :)
Hahahahahahahah..... Been there! Only my cat caught the bird in the house, and then I caught the cat. I hung her out the back door and banged on her head until she dropped the bird - which flew to the railing of the porch and stayed there for quite a while. My cat was not happy with me...
Post a Comment